Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stepmothers Sue Brothers Grimm

Wednesday morning it was announced that Mrs. Katrina Roke is sueing the Brothers Grimm. Said the Indiana housewife, "I was reading The Brothers Grimm to my two stepchildren, and when I read Cinderella and explained about the wicked stepmother, one of them said, 'Like you?' Naturally, I was heartbroken. I said no, but one of them persisted, 'But you are our stepmother!' she said. Well, what was I supposed to do? So I'm suing these awful brothers to show them the error of their ways."

Mrs. Roke has hired one of the best lawyers in the country, but they are hindered by the fact that no judge will schedule a trial.

"It's those awful brothers again, isn't it!?" said Mrs. Roke. "I'll bet they bribed him, just so that they wouldn't be taken to court!" Even after the judge explained that the Brothers Grimm are dead by now, and have been for several hundred years, Mrs. Roke persisted. "Well, that's just what they want you to think, but they aren't fooling me!" said Mrs. Roke. "I'll find them, and make them sorry they were ever so degrading to stepmothers."

This statement was greeted with a look of shock from everyone in the room. The judge personally stood perfectly still, his jaw slightly open. Whether or not there will be an inquiry as to who the Brothers' closest living descendant is, and whether or not Mrs. Roke is going to be confined to a mental hospital, remains to be see.

No comments:

Post a Comment